[C320-list] Battery Bank - how to go from 2 to 1

Jeanne DeLaCruz jfdelacruz at msn.com
Wed Jan 27 20:47:43 PST 2010

Hi Bruce,

Sounds like you have a similar charging system to mine.  I had a 20 amp Promariner charger which cooked my one year old flooded 4D batteries.  After dealing with the mess of the flooded batteries, I decided to go for the AGMs but first I had to make some decisions about a new designed charging system.

This is my final system which I have just completed.  It was expensive and first class. $$ well spent.

1. 80 amp Hitachi alternator Which bolts on to the Yanmar with no problem.  Replaced 55 amp Hitachi.

2. Balmar Max Charger MC612H with harness
Alternator temp sensor

3. Balmar Digital Duo Charger
Battery temp sensor

4. Xantrex Linklite Battery Monitor

5. Lewco 40 amp shore charger

6. West marine  2 4D AGM House and 1 group 31 AGM start.  All fitted under starboard settee.

 Jeanne
Cuttin' Curves