[C320-list] Headmate rebuild

Jerry Clayton jsea at prodigy.net
Tue Jul 20 18:53:40 PDT 2010

I bought a Headmate rebuilt kit to rebuild the head on my 2004 320.  I have heard some horror stories of cracking plastic pieces, two different size joker valves, etc.
Haven't been able to find anything on rebuilding so I thought I would ask the group if anyone has any suggestions, articles or anything else they would like to offer.  The primary reason for the rebuild is water coming back into the bowl after dry flushing, which I am told is probably a joker valve issue.  I just figured while I'm at it might as well use the rest of the kit and replace the other pieces too.
I did buy a small ratchet type screw driver for the tight angles.
I thought I would ask, as sometimes you can get some valuable info from someone who has done the job before.
Any idea how long of a job this is?
Thanks in advance

Regards,

Jerry Clayton