[C320-list] Squeaky Rudder Post

Pat Ireland cherie320 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 22:46:41 PDT 2010

Jeff

Should be possible to remove and replace the head while still in the water.
The quadrant could be blocked to hold the rudder in position while the work
is performed.

Not sure what the right material specification would be for a thrust
washer.  You are right on the durability of Delrin.  But the load on the
head should be low enough to allow the use of a non-filled material, which
should provide a surface with the least friction.

Pat, 801