[C320-list] Another great tool

Scott Thompson surprise at thompson87.com
Wed Jul 7 06:54:59 PDT 2010

Thanks for the tip Arthur.  Here is another one...

I recently purchased some fixed wrenches for adjusting the stuffing box.
  They are MUCH easier to work with than the adjustable wrenches that
are commonly recommended for this.  For my boat, the 1 7/8" size is
exactly right.  See part number 5414A35 at McMaster-Carr.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/116/2755/=7uv3b2

Note that these babies are not cheap at over $28 apiece, or slightly
less if you get the black ones instead of satin chrome.  On the other
hand, the adjustable ones have broken on me several times, do not stay
adjusted properly, and contantly slip off the nuts.  The new ones have
no such faults and should last longer than the boat.

Scott Thompson
Surprise, #653

--
Scott Thompson