[C320-list] C320 Refrigeration Power Sources and Daily Usage Estimates

Allan S. Field allan.field at verizon.net
Mon Jul 12 17:26:26 PDT 2010

Dave - Welcome to the list and one finest-kind boat!  On Sea Shadow, the
fridge remains on from mid-March through late-November/early-December.  It
only runs on the batteries but we leave the shore power plugged in 24/7 when
at the dock.  To conserve energy, we ordered a fridge blanket that goes over
the freezer and top shelf.  This thing holds the cold in better than
anything we put on top.  It is available from 800-622-1877; we paid $53
including S&H; size is 13" x 38.5".  We also installed a computer fan inside
to keep air moving; the fan blows across the freezer plate and seems to help
cut down on the icing of the plate.

Hope this helps...

Allan S. Field
Sea Shadow - #808