[C320-list] Re - Bilge pump cycling excessively - Brian Branchard

David J Cardoza dave at avaloncon.com
Fri Jul 16 05:13:08 PDT 2010

Similar to this Catalina uses some Styrofoam when assembling the liner
into the hull some of the that had broken free and worked its way into
my pump reducing its affectivity and trapping open the anti backflow so
it would pump it out of the bilge but only into the hose and it would
slowly seep back and pump again.  Another cause could be a fresh water
leak from your water heater or a hot or cold water line.  A number of
people have seen this.  In the case of it being an issue with the pump
its fairly easy to dismantle and clean.  I eventually put a raw water
strainer on the pump to stop this from happening and keep the pump
working incase its ever really needed.