[C320-list] Adding a Second Reef

Albrecht, Alan Alan.Albrecht at Williams.com
Tue Jul 20 08:48:03 PDT 2010

Jeff,  Thank you, I appreciate the advice.

-----Original Message-----
From: c320-list-bounces at lists.catalina320.com
[mailto:c320-list-bounces at lists.catalina320.com] On Behalf Of Jeff Hare
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2010 4:50 PM
To: C320-List at Catalina320.com
Subject: Re: [C320-list] Adding a Second Reef

Hi Alan,
Changing the mast base blocks is easy.  The blocks from Garhauer Marine
have a threaded stud that screws into a SS hex nut in the mast step.

The nut just slides into a slot in the side of the mast step.

Be sure to apply Tef-Gel or another anticorrosion grease to the threads
because of the different metals. Use this opportunity to do all the
blocks.

One key thing to remember is to thread the block in until it is snug,
then unscrew it a half turn.  The blocks Must swivel freely or they
could bend the stud. I've seen this first hand.

-Jeff

PS: just tied up to a mooring in Plymouth Harbor, Ma., coming from
Rockport, Ma.   Staying 2 nites then on to Oak Bluffs, then Nantucket,
followed by Ptown. Home by the end of the month.  :)