[C320-list] Rigging for 30+knts - changed to rigging a self tacking jib

Chris Burti clburti at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 07:54:50 PDT 2010

It would be difficult to make a jib self tacking on a C-320...AND...be able
to trim it effectively for shape without some serious hardware...that said,
(and assuming a 110% or preferably smaller jib), put your jib cars on the
cabintop tracks and rig a continuous sheet through a lightweight block
attached to the clew. The sheet can then be trimmed from either winch and
once set will allow the jib be self tacking at that setting...however you
will have a bit too much twist for light air and the jib's shape will be a
bit too full for heavy air.

--
Chris Burti Farmville, NC