[C320-list] Peeling Bottom Paint

Charles Greenwell CGreenwell at sparusa.com
Sat Jun 5 14:53:35 PDT 2010

Hi Allan,

I too hull out every 2 years, except for the first couple of years.  The reason I soda blasted the boat was due to peeling bottom paint.  I had no clue about the blisters.

All of the blisters aft of the keel were cosmetic, in that they were between the gel coat and the vinyl ester.  The blisters allowed water to weep into this area over time.

As for the areas around the strut and shaft log, some of them were a little deeper.  A couple were about ¼ inch deep.

Chris sent a message to the list about the blisters around the keel joint.  I too have these.  They are about 1/8 in diameter and numerous on both sides of the keel.

I have some pictures that were taken right after the soda blasting and before I started the repairs.  I would be happy to share them with the list.

Randy