[C320-list] Strange water problem this weekend

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 15 05:34:49 PDT 2010

Pat, the one time I removed the plastic filter on the input side of the
water pump I broke it. It's not very sturdy. I then bought two, one as a
backup. Needless to say, I haven't broken another. Ditto on cleaning the
screens at the faucet.

Ditto on the cooling water filter screen and plastic holder. You can go some
time without potable water. You can't go far with a broken fresh water
filter housing.

I can't emphasize enough how happy I am with the decent water filter I added
before the pump. It holds about a pint of water and this year I'm using a
black carbon filter. The water quality is better than ever before. If you
use chlorine in your tanks, this removes the chlorine taste as well as ALL
particulates before they get to the tank.

Warren & Pattie Updike
Catalina 320, #62, "Warr De Mar"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay