[C320-list] engine start up after winter layup

Alan Goodman goodmanalanlee at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 7 16:16:34 PST 2010

More silly questions from a newbie.  The boat was purchased already winterized, so the raw water system is dry.  After all I have been reading on this forum, I am aware of the damage that can be done to a dry raw water impeller.  Once I launch the boat, I assume I open the raw water sea cock, maybe open the raw water strainer to bleed out some air ... but how do I get water to the impeller before starting  ... or do I have to remove the water pump cover and squirt is some dish soap before starting?  Also, will the pump self prime, or do I have to fill the hose up with water, by for instance, pulling the hose of the pump inlet and pouring water into the hose back towards the raw water filter?  Alan, Hull 67, Holland MI - eagerly awaiting my first C320 season!!