[C320-list] Blocks at base of mast

Denny Browne dennybrowne at verizon.net
Wed Mar 3 18:06:09 PST 2010

Good idea. Garhauer Marine http://garhauermarine.com/ I did that, and ran
one to each side of the cockpit to cam cleats. You can get those from
Garhauer too.

Because the load on the Cunningham and outhaul is usually pretty heavy, at
least when you want to use them, you may want to consider making the
purchase 2 for 1.

Cunningham: line runs from the cleat forward to the mast collar block, up to
the cringle in the sail and back down to tie off at the base of the vang.

Outhaul: attach a small block (also available from Garhauer) to the sail and
run the outhaul from the end of the boom through the block and back to the
end of the boom. You can terminate it with a simple stopper knott.

I use both adjustments pretty regularly. It works well, particularly with
the loose foot main. Mine is the original main, actually, but the boltrope
taken out of the boom so the sail only attaches at the tack and the clew.

DENNY BROWNE
A Cappella #935
Redondo Beach