[C320-list] Rew water pump

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 8 19:07:44 PST 2010

Alan, I, too, have the Perkins with the Jabsco pump. It has always been
self-priming. I liberally coat the inside of the pump with dish detergent.
The suds in the water are a good indication that the water is flowing and
not just the water from the muffler.

I also have been using the Globe "Run-Dry" impeller #6541, Defender.com.
They are supposed to be able to run dry for up to 15 min. without
destructing. I was buying them for about $21. Now, they are nearly $40. The
price of the Jabsco OEM impeller has gone up too. It's only a 6-blade
impeller. Globe assures me that it's pumping volume is as good as the OEM
10-blade one.

Warren & Pattie Updike
Catalina 320, #62, "Warr De Mar"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay