[C320-list] No Fuel

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 25 18:31:40 PDT 2010

When changing the primary filter I pre-fill the bowl with some fuel before
assembling. That makes the priming process faster. Then, I open the bleed
screw on the secondary filter (on the engine;) and, using the pump on the
Racor, I pump until fuel (no bubbles and foam,) comes out of the secondary
bleed, then secure both filters.

Maybe this only works on the Perkins; but, I've never had to bleed at the
injectors or do anything else. I never use the lift pump.  Occasionally, the
engine will run then stall after changing filters; but, it restarts easily
and runs forever.

Warren & Pattie Updike
Catalina 320, #62, "Warr De Mar"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay