[C320-list] Main Cleat upgrade?

Pat Ireland cherie320 at gmail.com
Tue May 11 17:24:31 PDT 2010

All

Has anyone worked out an alternative configuration for cleating the main
sheet on the cabin top?  I've read the threads with comments that support
continued use of the OEM JAM cleat, but after several outings we are still
not satisfied with that method.

I would like to install a CAM in close proximity to the traveler CAM, but
the clearance and lead is a challenge.   If you have developed an approach
that works, where did you locate it?

Alternatively, does a line stopper function correctly or is there a tendency
for the sheet to jam on an emergency release?

Appreciate your input and experience.

Pat, 801