[C320-list] Help with what you can please

djgleason1 at juno.com djgleason1 at juno.com
Tue May 11 18:11:00 PDT 2010

Paul:

Welcome to the 320 list group.  I may be able to help with a couple of
your questions.  As Catalina has made changes in their production, it is
some times difficult to follow the threads, as your boat may be set up
differently from another one.  It is always best to look for replys where
the hull number is close to yours.  Having #150, we may be close.

1.  I replaced the cabin lights with 12 Volt halogen lights I picked up
at a Home Depot.  They fit in with out any difficulty.  I think there was
a package of three that included a 110V to 12V transformer that was not
used.  They were advertised as under cabinet lights.

2.   We have two water tanks.  I believe the reason for two is that it
allows better distribution of the weight.  Protects your water supply
from contamination.  If one tank turns bad, you have the other one to
work from.  The valves for ours are under the galley sink.  When you open
the door, they are side by side next to the sink drain line.  When the
handle is in line with the water flow, they are open.  When turned 90
degrees to the line, they are closed.  We only work from one tank at a
time.  That way when one is empty, we are alerted to the fact half of our
water is gone.

Hope this is helpful.

Dave Gleason
Proud Mary, #150