[C320-list] SECONDARY FUEL FILTER REMOVAL

Jim Sweet jamesweet at frontiernet.net
Wed May 12 07:11:57 PDT 2010

Actually, they do.  I watched it get changed prior to trying it myself and
that's exactly how the mechanic did it.  He put a screwdriver on the nut and
tapped it toward the aft of the boat.  He also removed the nut to starboard
(when facing the engine) on the top of the filter cover and used a shop vac
to suck the diesel to the filter alleviating that nasty pumping of the fuel
for hours to get the air out of the lines.  Pretty slick.  Tried myself and
it worked like a charm.

Jim Sweet TGIF (Thank God It Floats) 901