[C320-list] Frig AC vs DC

Paul Rickman ilove2sail at verizon.net
Mon May 17 13:11:10 PDT 2010

Pat, thanks. This is exactly what I was interested in.

My batteries went dead after two years and I've purchased two new Excide 4D com-p units.
This must be related to keeping the frig on 24/7, I do like a cold beer and I like being able to
leave a few items in the frig. So I'd like to figure out a way to keep from killing the batteries
every two years.

I have the Xantrex TrueCharge charger and as I understand it, it has two modes -- float and bulk.
I have it set for bulk so a trickle or float charge is not present. The charger only produces a charge
when it is needed. It makes this decision by monitoring the batteries once every 15 minutes.
That said, the instruction manual says the charger works best without a load being put on the
batteries.

Thanks again.

Paul
Affinity 657