[C320-list] Halyard size

Michael Ferguson coralman at bellsouth.net
Mon May 24 18:04:29 PDT 2010

Thanks Denny

--- On Mon, 5/24/10, Denny Browne <dennybrowne at verizon.net> wrote:

From: Denny Browne <dennybrowne at verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [C320-list] Halyard size
To: C320-List at Catalina320.com
Date: Monday, May 24, 2010, 9:00 PM

Catalina calls for 115' if you want to lead it to the cockpit, 3/8" low
stretch line. The best main halyard has a vectran or technora core, as they
don't stretch and don't elongate under the constant load of a main or jib
halyard. Next best is spectra or dynema core, but it may tend to creep a
little after a while. Next would be the more affordable double braid
polyester like Sta-set, or the OEM UULS (which is accused of not being low
stretch at all).

DENNY BROWNE
A Cappella #935
Redondo Beach