[C320-list] Water heater Leak...

David J Cardoza dave at avaloncon.com
Wed May 26 15:16:17 PDT 2010

If you thought it was the drain valve I assume what you find is water in
the hull under the sink?  If you don't see water seeping below the water
heater (on the shelf it sits on) then check this.  I had a leak that
would drain my water tank when under way water under the sink.  Turned
out to be the relief valve on the water heater. If the water pressure
pump was on and the engine was running for any length of time the water
gets as you know very hot.  And the relief valve would open and dump my
water under the sink (you could see it draining from the drip tube near
the thru hull access door).  If this is the case replace the valve but
not with one from home depot as it needs to be a high temp valve and the
standard water heater relief will release at a lower temp that the
engine will heat the water to.  I got one from seaward.