[C320-list] Starting Battery

Sam & Suz Weston ssweston at embarqmail.com
Thu May 27 13:34:58 PDT 2010

Thanks Robert..Sam
----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Seastream" <robert.seastream at comcast.net>
To: C320-List at Catalina320.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 7:39:44 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: Re: [C320-list] Starting Battery

One of the simplest solutions comes from Jeff Hare.  Presuming your
batteries are under the starboard settee, place whatever 'starting'
battery you purchase in the space forward of those batteries.
Disconnect the leads from the battery furthest forward (battery 1, I
think), and connect those leads to the 'starting' battery.  Next, buy
two heavy gauge battery cables (3 feet or so), and parallel the
original house battery 1 to battery 2.  The end result is that you'll
have a 'start' battery on position one of the battery switch, and have
both 'house' batteries on position 2 of the battery switch.  I put
black tape over switch position 1 as a caution that it wasn't to be
used as a 'house' battery.

Bob Seastream
Intuition # 906