[C320-list] Transmission Replacement- Perkins M30 Engine

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Mon May 31 15:55:14 PDT 2010

I considered that option. However, the ZF 10 is some amount longer fore and
aft so that the shaft is extended by that amount. I forget what the
difference is, maybe 10mm, but the result was that the length of the shaft
aft of the strut exceeded the 1.5 times shaft diameter recommended.  I
didn't want to deal with removing and cutting the shaft.  I went with the
rebuild.

Warren & Pattie Updike
Catalina 320, #62, "Warr De Mar"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay