[C320-list] Holding tank sensor

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Mon May 31 16:12:27 PDT 2010

Last Fall I bought a SCAD Solo tank monitor and installed it along with a
new 21g. holding tank. This unit is so similar to the Ferriello Solo unit
that there must be some connection. Anyway, it worked fine last year. This
Spring it didn't work. SCAD worked with me over the phone to conduct some
tests and I am sending it back for a warranty replacement.

The SCAD unit, and I suspect other such devices, will work with various
sensor devices on the market. I opted for the externally mounted sensor as I
didn't want to deal with a sensor in the tank.

The Solo unit has 4 LEDs to indicate 1/4,1/2,3/4, and full. There is a
separate "Full" LED that comes on when the tank is 80% full so you have some
warning. Installation is simple.

Warren & Pattie Updike
Catalina 320, #62, "Warr De Mar"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay