[C320-list] Bilge pump sensor - 2004 320

jim brown jbrown5093 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 1 04:57:43 PDT 2010

I've replaced mine twice and still have problems. When on a port tack it will
occasionally activate and then not shut off. It also happens when I clean the
bilge and add water until it goes on. It sometimes stays on even after the bilge
is pumped. It is a very intermittent problem that I can't duplicate by lifting
the float lever. It can be shut off by working the lever a couple of times or
flipping off the panel switch and then "rebooting". No obvious obstructions and
the switch looks clean and wires are ok. My bilge is pretty dry so it hasn't
been running when I return to the boat (so far).

Jim Brown