[C320-list] Kiwi Prop

rcooley at twcny.rr.com rcooley at twcny.rr.com
Mon Nov 15 15:33:50 PST 2010

Correction prop walk still exists; however, minimal compared to fixed prop.
Ray

From: rcooley at twcny.rr.com
Sender: c320-list-bounces at lists.catalina320.comDate: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 23:08:34
To: <C320-List at Catalina320.com>
Subject: Re: [C320-list] Kiwi Prop

I had a fixed 2 blade and changed to the kiwi. I was amazed by the difference when motor sailing and backing. With the 2 blade I would try to stop/back and prayed I did'nt hit anything. With the kiwi at 5 knots 1 1/2 boat lengths to stop. I backed into my slip with it. Prop still exists not as bad. Turn 10 degrees more than u need prop will pull port and u r straight. Loved the kiwi