[C320-list] Kiwi Prop

Brad Kuether bkuether at comcast.net
Tue Nov 16 01:56:47 PST 2010

I had the Kiwi prop on my short list.  On my C&C I had a composite CDI
feathering, and loved it, so no issue with the plastic/composite blades.

The Kiwi is about $1300 for a feathering device.  Several listers pointed me
to the Flex O Fold 3 blade folding.  At a price point of about $2,000, I am
thinking there is "more value" from an overall functionality standpoint.

Still expensive, but once you have "gone fast" you kinda need that, its
kinda like a drug...  :)

Dragging the fixed 3 blade around has been KILLING me.  Last year I hooked a
crab pot on the prop at dusk and had to be night rescued.  This year I just
felt like I was dragging a bucket.

-Brad, Mary, Monica, and Jarod
"Independence"
2004 Catalina 320 Hull 1006