[C320-list] Kiwi Prop

Shawn Maloney smaloney1 at cogeco.ca
Tue Nov 16 17:23:42 PST 2010

I had a Kiwi propeller for three years.  I now have a Variprofile which is
superior.  The Kiwi pitch changes as the roller stoppers eventually bite
into the plastic blade.  In fact, in my case one of the stoppers was sheered
off and the blade became stuck in the wrong position.  I also, over time,
experienced a strong vibration that became so bad it stalled out the engine.

You get what you pay for.  The 2 blade variprofile is much more robust and
any folding or feathering blade will give you better sailing performance
then the fixed three blade.