[C320-list] Kiwi Prop

MICHAEL COLE mcol3781 at bigpond.net.au
Sat Nov 20 17:33:50 PST 2010

Just my 2 cents worth in this annual discussion on feathering/ folding props etc
  I bought my boat new in December 1996 and had them fit an Australian Hydralign 2 bladed prop about which I knew absolutely nothing. Now 14 yrs later it is still going strong and absolutely trouble free. If there is any prop walk I've never detected it. It works well in reverse and I have to back into a narrow old marina berth here in Rose Bay Sydney. My technique is to approach fairly fast in reverse and slip into neutral about 20ft out and cut the revs down--changing into forward when about halfway in to avoid hitting the wharf
                Mike Cole    #421  Mio Dio