[C320-list] Battery charger selection

Robert E. Sloat resloat at comcast.net
Sun Nov 21 07:10:52 PST 2010

Warren-I have a Xantrex TrueCharge 20A a few years older than the recent
model and am so much happier with its performance that the OEM ProMariner
which failed after 3 years and a ProMariner replacement at a discounted
price from ProMariner which also failed after 2 years.

My Xantrex required a little creativity and a lot of perseverance to get the
OEM battery leads necked down to fit in the Xantrex output posts which have
fairly small openings.  A previous poster this year who purchased the latest
Xantrex TrueCharge model said that there was no problem inserting the OEM
battery leads into the newer TrueCharge so it looks like a much easier job
now.

I have a remote panel that gives battery condition and amperages. For the
newer model Xantrex TruCharge units they also have a remote control panel
which allows you to do a number of things from the remote panel rather than
having to put down a drink, crawl into the port locker and push the
equalizer button for instance.  The remote control panel was not available
for my older model.  You may want to consider it if you have not already
done so.

Bob Sloat
Savannah #894