[C320-list] SIEZED SHEAVES ON END OF BOOM

sail-ability at sympatico.ca sail-ability at sympatico.ca
Wed Oct 20 06:23:00 PDT 2010

I have solved this problem. I didn't realize that the sheaves and axle come out the end of the boom, just need to remove any lines and the entire assembly slides aft. Not sure what is going on here but two of the sheaves were binding on the sides of the assembly, I sanded the sheaves down so that they were thin enough to rotate. You don't need to remove much material. Probably not needed but I applied a thin film of PTFE grease to the ss axle.
Cheers
JohnM