[C320-list] Tranny Oil....

sail-ability at sympatico.ca sail-ability at sympatico.ca
Fri Oct 22 14:38:07 PDT 2010

Detergent oils are designed to keep internal combustion engines clean of carbon and other combustion products. Ergo since there is no combustion taking place in the tranny (at least we hope not!!) a detergent oil is not mandatory, however a detergent oil won't hurt the tranny. Personally I use a non-detergent 30W oil.
Cheers
JohnM