[C320-list] More on LEDs

Melissa&Larry Leibman theleibmans at verizon.net
Sat Oct 23 05:52:16 PDT 2010

On Hull #609, the 20 watt lights in the main salon are type MR16, very bright
but power hogs. I originally wanted to try one of the SensiBulbs (although one
would blow my bulb budget for the year) since they have had such good reviews
but unfortunately they don't support that size and don't offer an adapter
according to Sailors Solutions. I ended up getting an MR16 LED replacement from
Cruising Solutions at the show. I'm not sure if these are the same as the
MarineBeam bulb (http://store.marinebeam.com/mrledbu15sms.html) but they look
the same and were the same price. The light is pretty bright and warm, however,
with the stereo on in the AM band there is a substantial amount of RFI. Didn't
seem to noticeable affect VHF performance or the FM band. Just another data
point.

Larry
Easy Going