[C320-list] Winterization

Robert Seastream robert.seastream at comcast.net
Fri Sep 10 05:26:14 PDT 2010

NO.  The Racor 'water' filter is actually your primary fuel/water
filter/separator.  You also have a secondary fuel only filter mounted
on the engine.

The 'aqua muffler' is your engine exhaust muffler and is so called
because of how it works.  It's basically a box with baffles, an inlet
and outlet.
The engine raw seawater pump passes thru this (filling it) on its' way
out the 'tailpipe', along with the engine exhaust gases.  Makes the
exhaust quieter and cooler.

I have a 'T' fitting (available at most auto stores as a Prestone
'flush 'n fill' kit) spliced into the intake line of my seawater
pump.  When winterizing, I close the intake water seacock and attach a
short piece of garden hose to the T fitting.  I place the hose in a
gallon of antifreeze and crank the engine until I see antifreeze
coming out the 'tailpipe'.

Bob Seastream
Intuition # 906