[C320-list] 10 pound television

Andrew Santangelo andrew_santangelo at mac.com
Fri Sep 10 18:08:38 PDT 2010

Larry, et al

Regarding wifi, the other issue with data rates is distance.  The
farther the distance between antennas, especially the little antenna
on your computer, the weaker the signal and the lower the data rate.
Also, the fiberglass hull and other goodies impact the signal. So way
down the dock far away from an antenna inside a boat, things will be
slow.

BUT, there is a solution - add an external wifi antenna with a cable
feed into the cabin. Not only will this help with your data rate, but
also range - up to 15 miles in some cases (antenna on mast, etc).  Yes
you can use it for TV, iTunes, Netflix, Hulu, but also get weather
charts, added radar information, updated tides, check on the home
etc....

Andrew
Dawn Treader, #333
Pier 39