[C320-list] removable inner forestay

jpmesa at aol.com jpmesa at aol.com
Sun Sep 19 09:24:00 PDT 2010

You need to be a little careful with the inner stay on a sloop.  A sloops mast is set further forward than a cutter

unless you heavily!! reef your Main you are going to get a lot of weather helm. It might work well with a trysail & storm jib. Check out what Shannon Yachts does to their Yachts. They put a small working jib ( can reef down to storm) on a short bowsprit or anchor platform ther geona on the inside (in its normal spot) this balances out the helm. Most of their yachts are rig this way.
JOHN     Holokai 2

PS: I have never tried this on a Catalina so who knows what going to work?