[C320-list] ANTICORROSION ZINC

Robert Seastream robert.seastream at comcast.net
Thu Sep 30 18:14:24 PDT 2010

If I'm not mistaken, the lack of an 'engine zinc' on the 3GM30F engine
block is because it uses an interior cooling system which is filled
with 'antifreeze/coolant' (like Prestone).  The coolant is further
cooled by pumping raw seawater over/through a 'heat exchanger'.  Thus,
the interior cooling passages of the engine are kept separate from
corrosive seawater.  Some (older) engines have no such cooling system
and simply pump raw seawater through the engine cooling passages.
Those engines need 'engine zincs'.

Bob Seastream
Intuition # 906