[C320-list] C320-list Digest, Vol 1078, Issue 1

Alan Goodman goodmanalanlee at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 10 11:39:40 PDT 2011

Annie - I think Brad's procedure is fine, and there are also other acceptable sequences you could use to turn on the power.  I think the most important item is any of the procedures is to always have both the shore power pedestal and the boat's circuit breaker in the lazerette behind the boat's stern shore power recepticle off when connecting both ends of the shore power cord.  This is critical to prevent and possibility of electrical arcing between the shore power pedestal and the power cord plug and/or between the power cord plug and the boat recepticle.  Arcing in either location can (i) allow a person to receive an electrical shock and (ii) more likely, but less danagerous, damage either or both the shore power cable plugs, the prongs in the boat receptcal, or the shore power pedestal recipticle. Once I have completed the foregoing, I turn on the pedstal on the dock, then the breaker in the lazerette, and then work 'down stream' through my 120/12 volt panel at the nav station.  Disconnect from shore power in the exact opposite order.  Alan  hull #67 Holland MI