[C320-list] Advice on Line (replacement)

Utility Email kswanson123 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 13 12:28:29 PDT 2011

I am replacing some grimy jib sheets and a main sheet on my 320. Any advice on make and type of lime to use?

Both of the stock lines are 7/16 diameter and they appear to be of a quality similar to the New England Ropes Sta Set.  I recall that I read somewhere (during our long wet winter) that someone really likes a specific line from Sampson for jib sheets on the C320 and that they were very supple and worked well the Lewmar winches.  I can't remember if this reference I read was on our C320IA website, 350IA, C34.org, or Sail magazine.  My grimy stock limes have been binding in my winches, so upgrading the line during this replacement is what I'm am interested in doing.

We use our boat for mostly cruising and some (not serious) club racing.   I can't seem to find this reference Sampson line.  So I though I would ask for some opinions, advice, and recommendation from my C320IA colleagues on brand, type, and size for sheet replacements.

What do you recommend?

Dave

Dave Swanson
S/V Emily Ann