[C320-list] Battery Charger Issues

Kurt Budelmann krbmd77 at charter.net
Fri Apr 1 07:53:13 PDT 2011

Test to see if email working
----- Original Message -----
From: "Albrecht, Alan" <Alan.Albrecht at Williams.com>
To: <C320-List at Catalina320.com>
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2011 10:35 AM
Subject: Re: [C320-list] Battery Charger Issues

1. My charger had been relocated to under the starboard settee when I
purchased Milagro so I did not see the original installation. However, the
two charger (+) red wires run from the port locker charger location show up
in the starboard settee at the between the holding tank and the end of the
settee nearest the head.

2. Another way to check for a starter battery is to set the transfer switch
to off then try to start the engine.

3. It is possible that there is a splice between the charger and the
battery. If you are sure the wire gauge leaving the charger and one
connected to the battery are not the same then a splice is the only way to
change sizes. A loose splice connection would explain the problem.

4. You have probably done this but check every connection for tightness and
continuity by shaking the wire so see if the connector moves or the crimp on
the end of the wire is loose.