[C320-list] Broken Stanchion

Simon Rock simonrock at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 14:48:19 PDT 2011

The stauchions on my boat are through hull bolted. So you need access
underneath the deck - inside the boat. Now the fun bit, it will depend which
stauchion you broke. Some are easy to get to, others will require the
removal of internal furniture (all the galley cupboards had to come out of
the C375). Another one was behind the electrical panel, so it was a real
bugger to get to.

We sourced our replacement from a local stainless steel fabricator. We gave
him the old one as a template, and the replacement was quite cheap. When you
replace it, make sure you seal up the hole properly. Otherwise you will have
a possible leak source.

Simon Rock
Lake Macquarie NSW Australia

Cat375 #54 Rock The Boat