[C320-list] blower

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 7 11:41:28 PDT 2011

Apparently not a requirement on diesels.  I'm not sure of the efficiency of
the stock installation on our #62 with the intake directly opposite the
outtake in the shaft alley. When I installed a high-output alternator I
extended the intake hose forward along the port side of the engine to
exhaust just behind the alternator.  In this way, the cooler air must blow
over the engine to reach the output hose in its original location.

I run the blower whenever the engine runs.  I also leave the blower run
after I turn the engine off to help drive out the heat making the aft cabin
cooler.  To do this, I had to change the power wire to the blower switch
from the switched side of the key switch to the hot side.

I reasoned that since heat is a major factor in the output of the
alternator, the cooler it ran the longer it would last and the more power it
would put out.

Warren & Pattie Updike
1994 C320 #62 "Warr De Mar"