[C320-list] By passing the water heater

John Meyers jcmeyers7 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 12:42:22 PDT 2011

I am interested in this too. Last winterization I ran antifreeze into the
hot water tank and and in the spring ran a couple water tanks out the hot
water faucet. We still have antifreeze smell in the hot water out of the
faucet.

So, my question is this. If I drain the hot water tank using the spigit by
the drawers will that drain the tank enough so that I don't need to put in
antifreeze?  Or is there still water in the tank that will freeze and cause
problems?

By the way, I am going to use my air compressor to blow out all the water
lines and pump out any remaining water in the very bottom of the water
tanks. I may even take out the pump to make sure it is waterless.

I still plan to put antifreez in the holding tank and cooling system.

John
Wind Chime
406