[C320-list] Overheating 3YM30

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 23 08:51:27 PDT 2011

Brad, first I would question the accuracy of various temp gages.  58 deg in
Puget Sound vs. 80+ in the Chesapeake, a diff of as much as 25 deg will
definitely make a diff in your operating temp. For what it's worth, my
Perkins runs at 180 at 2700rpm in the warm bay. You might want to collect
some water from the exhaust and stick a thermometer in it.

As for the Yanmar recall on the H/E, check with Salty Dog down the dock. He
did the recall on his.  I don't know if his is the same model as yours.
Call me 410-821-8246, I'll give you  his phone and e-mail.
Warren