[C320-list] Starting Battery

Colin Evans twosailors at bigpond.com
Tue Aug 23 15:14:06 PDT 2011

Don,
I`ve just put a starting battery as per C320 website BUT I fitted it forward
of the existing two batteries, under the curved seat area at the table near
the door to the forward cabin.  I got a 80A/hour 650 CCA.  The cables to the
original # 2 were long enough to reach without pulling through to the port
locker and then I just bought ready made up cables to connect the two
originals together. Three batteries all on one side should help the port
list, but the new one is so close to centre I don`t think it makes any
difference.  $150 for the battery and about $80 for everything else.
We have a slight disadvantage here in Australia as we have a thru hull valve
for the head outlet, just forward of #2 battery so it got in the way a bit,
but by taking out the original #2 battery and its tray I was able to get the
new battery in.
I can take some photos if you like.  The job was easier than expected, now
I`m waiting for the Electrician to fit the smart regulator.

Regards
Colin Evans
#774 Lake Macquarie, Australia
__/)