[C320-list] CHARLES BATTERY CHARGERS

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 25 14:57:15 PDT 2011

Practical Sailor has done reviews on chargers including the Charles,
Xantrex, and others.  If you don't have access to PS, mail me off-list and
I'll dig the latest one out for you.

I'm very happy with my Xantrex TC 2A 40A.  However, I did have an initial
warranty issue.  Coincidently, my slip neighbor also had a warranty issue.
In my case the 12v cable stud pulled out when I tried to tighten it.  At the
time, Xantrex was in the process of coming out with the TC 2"A" model and
there were none of the previous model available in the channel.  We did have
to wait awhile until the product became available.  Customer service was
very responsive in a typical way.  They told us what would happen, kept us
informed on the status of our claim, and delivered the new model as
replacements when they said they would.  I was satisfied.

Warren & Pattie Updike
1994 C320 #62 "Warr De Mar"