[C320-list] Winterization Update - Shower and Fridge drainissues A few suggestions

Robert E. Sloat resloat at comcast.net
Fri Dec 2 08:15:18 PST 2011

When I bought my hull 894 in 2002 part of boat familiarization was trying to
figure out the Y valve under the head sink.  It is not very difficult and
once done, labeled the 3 hoses (refrig in, shower sump in and to pump) and
put in and out on the appropriate parts of the handle.  No priming needed on
my pump.  Just line up the Y valve for either the shower or refrigerator
sumps, open the appropriate thru hull, turn on the pump and the sump is
emptied.

A neat cheap upgrade is to put a PVC elbow in the shower sump with the open
end pointing down to get the last bit of antifreeze or shower water out of
the sump.  It works great.  I am not at the boat, but believe the elbow used
had a male end which fit into the existing sump drain hole with the female
end pointing down.  It is very close to the bottom of the sump and clears
out essentially all liquid in the sump.  I don't have the pipe size, but it
was a simple trial and error from my bucket of misc. pipe fittings.

Bob Sloat
Savannah 894 (2002)