[C320-list] Bay of Islands NZ

VenturaC320 at aol.com VenturaC320 at aol.com
Tue Feb 1 05:34:16 PST 2011

Annie,

Just saw your posting. I am a Kiwi now living in the US and have been  to
the Bay of Islands many times. I recommend that you drive up, stay in a
motel and charter for a day or so up there. There is so much to see and you
will not get very far by sail boat. You could charter a sail boat up there  for
a day or so if you wanted. It is a very large a bay with many islands.
There are various boat tours available too. You may want to search it on the
Internet. The trip up to the Bay of Islands is also very scenic and Ninety
Mile Beach is fabulous. Be sure to go up to North Cape where the Pacific
Ocean and the Tasman Sea come together. Good Luck and have fun.

P.S. Auckland ("City of Sails") is a great place to charter  and the
Hauraki Gulf, where the Americas Cup was run, is also  a beautiful place to sail
and has several islands to  visit.

Hazel (Ventura C320)

In a message dated 12/22/2010 3:37:20 A.M. Central Standard Time,