[C320-list] Water Pump Repair or Replace Recommendations

Chris Burti clburti at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 13:40:21 PST 2011

Dennis,
We did just what Jim is suggestion on our old O'Day and it worked out
perfectly for us. We put the new pump back on after testing and kept
the old rebuilt pump as a spare. We later sold it with the boat, but
the peace of mind was immeasurable. There is a lot of sand and shallow
water in this area and trying to back off of a sandy grounding,
heating a little water or charging batteries in a slip at low tide can
do a pump in faster than you would imagine as the sand is sucked up in
the raw water intake located fairly close to the prop.

--
Chris Burti
Farmville, NC