[C320-list] Bilge Pump and Ice

Jon Vez jonvez at comcast.net
Mon Feb 14 12:42:04 PST 2011

Dean,

I assume you have winterized your water system with antifreeze? If so, do
you leave antifreeze in the bilge? If the AF is sludging and therefore
causing your pump problems, you may want to consider using the -100 stuff. I
keep my boat in the water here in Boston every other year (I'm in this year)
and I check the AF in the bilge to make sure there is enough there to move
through the system adequately. Fortunately I haven't gotten any water in the
boat and have not had this problem. It's been a particularly brutal winter
and so far, no problems--hoping I can make it to Spring okay!

Regards,

Jon Vez
Solstice #582