[C320-list] Adjustable Back Stays

Andrew Santangelo andrew_santangelo at mac.com
Mon Feb 21 08:58:18 PST 2011

Hello Sam,

I have a hydraulic backstay on "Dawn Treader".  It did help with pointing upwind and speed.

The C320 should beat the C30 and C310, however if they are tricked out every little bit helps.  I also went with a autoprop folding prop (HUGE difference), fin keel (huge difference too), stiffer sheets and halyards, racing sails, grauhauer traveler and gennoa trim cars, and extra winches. Add experience to the crew and we began to win or place in many races on Lake Michigan out of Holland.  So every little bit helped.

Andrew

C320
Dawn Treader
San Francisco